Wednesday, June 18, 2014

R. Kelly's Daughter Comes Out as Transgender


A few days ago, I reported that Jaya Kelly's sexuality was being questioned and now, she has allegedly confirmed the reports. R Kelly's 13-year-old son, Jay, who was born biologically female, announced this week on social media that he's transgender and wants to be male. Make your "Trapped in the Closet" joke and let's move on.  According to the Independent, the teenager also spoke about his somewhat strained relationship with his father.

During a question-and-answer session on his Ask.fm account, Jay said that he has identified as a boy since he was "six or seven" and shared his experiences with other users.
Jay said he has already informed his mother, Andrea Kelly -- but not his father -- about being transgender and that she has given him her full support.
"I came out through a text to my mum and then I told her when I got more comfortable," he said. "I told her because I knew she would love me no matter what, she has not once judged me in life. She always told me that she loved me and to be who I truly am."

Examiner.com reports that Jay wants to have gender reassignment surgery. The website also suggests that R. Kelly isn't exactly aware of his son's situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone - They do not reflect or represent the views of Versatile Scoop!