Thursday, March 15, 2012

"£50" ($79) iPads in Tesco!


The new iPad 2
Tesco Direct offered the Apple tablet computer for £49.99, a 90 per cent discount on the recommended retail price of £500. 

News of the pricing blunder spread on Twitter and the shop's website crashed as shoppers went to buy the iPad Wi-fi 4G 64GB black model. Some received emails confirming their purchase. 

The Tesco slogan 'every little helps' started trending on the micro-blogging site. Tesco Direct later suspended transactions and said it would cancel the purchases and refund any money paid. "We always look to offer our customers unbeatable value but unfortunately this is an IT error that is now being corrected," said a spokesman. 

Dominic Gemski, 20, of Portsmouth, tried to buy three devices. "It was like music to my ears when I saw the price," he said. "I quickly bought one for my girlfriend and my brother. I'm a massive technology geek so I was thinking of buying one anyway. But when I saw the offer I jumped at the chance." He added: "I think Tesco should honour the price but I don't think they will." 

•In October 2011 Tesco stores were besieged after a computer error left Terry's Chocolate Oranges priced at 29p each - They normally cost £3.09

•In January 2011 police were called to keep order at a Tesco supermarket in Greenock, Scotland, after a glitch left shoppers able to buy 36 cans of lager for just £11.00.

It's important for you to Know your rights for when stores get their price tag wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone - They do not reflect or represent the views of Versatile Scoop!