Sunday, March 18, 2012

Solange Knowles Talks Sex, Marriage and Unsuccessful Albums

Solange Knowles


Beyonce's younger sister, Solange Knowles is glowing in the editorial feature by The Evening Standard. It’s nice to be able to see more of her publicly and on her way to becoming her own brand.  Having one of the biggest diva superstars as a sister can’t be easy when it comes to claiming your own identity. But, Solange is getting out there to create her own spotlight
Decked up in a bra, a long white pencil skirt, a fur jacket and heels, for the Interview, that was held in a bowling alley. She opened up about growing up in the Knowles household. She also discussed unsuccessful albums, getting pregnant and engaged at age 17 to her ex-hubby Daniel Smith. Her mother's initial disagreement with her becoming a singer. She confirms that her and Beyonce truly are best friends.


On her Relationship with Beyonce

Kelly Rowland's mother was a nanny for another family, so Kelly lived with us when they first moved from Atlanta. She was like a second sister. It definitely was tough, having your sister have a built-in BFF, and me being five years younger. But my sister was very protective of me, and we were very sweet with each other. I’m sure if we were closer in age we wouldn’t have gotten along so great. But we’ve been super-close ever since I was about 13




On Getting Pregnant & Marriage at 17

I just loved being at home and being domestic,’ she says. ‘We would have gotten married for sure anyway, but then I found out I was pregnant. We were crazy, impulsive teenagers and I was obviously craving some sort of stability. [My family] were alarmed and frightened that their 17-year-old daughter wanted to get married and have a kid, but I’d been working since I was 13. I was making my own money. I wasn’t really asking permission, and once they found out I was serious about it, they were supportive and amazing



On The “Sexual Vibe”of Her Next Album

There’s a lot of sexual vibes on it. I think I just finally started having good sex. This woman came up to me the other day and said, “You know, I think people dress a lot better when they’re in love with themselves, with other people, or with where their life is
Read the full interview HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone - They do not reflect or represent the views of Versatile Scoop!