Thursday, March 15, 2012

Estelle - Vibe Vixen Magazine Cover

March 2012 Cover
British R&B superstar, Estelle graces the cover of the March 2012 issue of "VIBE VIXEN" where she dishes on failed relationships, Lauren Hill, and the hardships of being celebrity. In the latest issue of VIBE VIXEN, Estelle is featured in an article called 'Estelle: All Dressed Up In Love.' She dishes on failed relationships and being inspired by Lauryn Hill. Here are the highlights of the interview

On the failed relationship that inspired her album All Of Me: I didn’t feel good. I didn’t wake up in the morning smiling. In a relationship when that starts to happen, you might want to push them while you’re in it. They say through thick and thin, but when it’s always thick and it’s always bad and it’s always negative, it’s never really going to turn into something. You know it’s going to be wrong but you’re like, no I want to stick around. It’s a waste of your life.


On being a celebrity in a relationship: You’re going to pay for it for who you are somehow. I won’t complain. I love my life, I love my job, I love what the hell I do, and I love who I am. This is my existence. This is what I do. But it’s a tough thing to have to deal with always having that hung over your head, that feeling of well, he might throw that at me that he cooked for me today, like that’s not standard. I didn’t cook for him the entire week because, well, I’m me and I should be lucky that somebody wants to do that for me.


On the album's Lauryn Hill influence: 
That was intentional. I think people need to talk. They need to have the conversation that [Lauryn’s] album had. They need to have that pull together that the album had and remind people that skits are fun, too. And it reminded me that I wasn’t alone, again.


Read the full article HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone - They do not reflect or represent the views of Versatile Scoop!